Gressingham Duck Breasts x 2
Our Gressingham Duck Breasts come from a unique breed, a cross between the flavoursome Mallard and the larger Pekin Duck first developed in the UK back in the late 1980s. Rich and succulent, these plump farmed ducks are now a firm favourite with top chefs and home cooks alike. These meaty breast fillets come in packs of 2 (approx weight 450-500g), skin on and ready to cook. Delicious served pink. Supplied frozen. See below for how to cook.
How to cook
- Defrost the duck breasts in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
- Take the duck breasts out of the fridge and remove all packaging.
- Pat the skin with kitchen towel to remove excess moisture. Score and season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium to high heat without oil. Place the breasts in the pan skin-side down and cook for 5 minutes until the skin turns golden brown; turn over and seal the meat for 1 minute. Pour off excess fat regularly.
- Transfer to a roasting tray and cook in the middle of the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, depending on how you like your duck cooked. Remove from the oven and rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.