£3.99 – £7.00
Smaller and juicier than pheasant, Wild Partridge is a delicious little game bird. The meat is succulent and rich without being gamey, and we love them simply wrapped in streaky bacon or pancetta and roasted. Allow 1 bird per person.
WARNING! May contain steel or lead shot!
How to cook
- Remove the partridge from the fridge 30 mins before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/ gas mark 7.
- Add a piece of onion or lemon and a knob of butter to the cavity, wrap in streaky bacon or pancetta and roast for 8-10 minutes.
- The bird is cooked when the juices run clear when you piece the thickest part of the thigh, or your meat thermometer shows an internal temperature of 65˚C.
- Rest for 10 mins before serving.