Easy to Make Roast Welsh Lamb With Garlic and Rosemary
What you need:
- 1 Local New Seasons Welsh Spring Leg of Lamb (approximately 2kg or 4½lb)
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 3 cloves of garlic, cut into thin sticks
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic head
- 1 celery stick
- 1 tsp sea salt
- A handful of mixed herbs
- 275 ml/10 fl oz white wine
How to make:
- Preheat oven.
- Create small slits all over the lamb leg using a sharp pointed knife. Fill the gaps with garlic cloves and little sprigs of rosemary. Chop all the vegetables and place them all together in a roasting pan with herbs and a garlic knob. Lay down the lamb leg on top and dredge with salt. Place in the preheated oven at gas 8/230°C/450°F and allow to roast for 30 minutes.
- After half an hour, remove the meat from oven and baste. Reduce heat to gas 4/180°C/350°F and continue cooking for another 1½ – 1¾ hours. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the meat to rest for 20 minutes before carving.
- Take away excess fat from the roasting pan and place over medium heat. Pour in the wine and gather all the juices. Boil strenuously until you see that the liquid is reduced by two-thirds. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then strain into a gravy jug.
- Carve the roasted lamb leg, serve with gravy and enjoy.