How to cook
To oven cook
- Defrost the duck breasts in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ fan 180°C/ gas mark 6.
- Take the duck breasts out of the fridge and remove all packaging.
- Pat the skin with kitchen towel to remove excess moisture. Score and season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium to high heat without oil. Place the breasts in the pan skin-side down and cook for 5 minutes until the skin turns golden brown; turn over and seal the meat for 1 minute. Pour off excess fat regularly.
- Transfer to a roasting tray and cook in the middle of the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, depending on how you like your duck cooked. Remove from the oven and rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
To cook on the barbecue
- Defrost the duck breasts in the fridge overnight
- Pat the breasts with kitchen roll to absorb any excess moisture
- Score the skin and season both sides with salt and ground pepper
- Brush the barbecue grate with a little neutral oil
- Grill skin side down for 5 mins, flip over and continue cooking for a further 5 mins until medium to well done (use a meat thermometer to check that the core temperature reaches 70˚C).
- Remove from the grill, cover and leave to rest for 5 mins before serving.